5 Beaches Built for RVing
Hop in your RV and head to the beach in style this year. Skip the pricey hotels and the cheap breakfast buffets and spend your vacation on the sand. The entire time. On the sand.
Here are the country’s top 5 beaches built for RVing.
• West Palm Beach RV owners got the hint early on. This place is a gem. Parked on Florida’s tropical eastern coast, Palm Beach residents and tourists alike mingle on the white sandy beaches and gaze out through palm trees while sipping Mai Tais as parrots fly to and fro with refills. Well, that’s not entirely true, but south Florida is a dream vacation spot. Ask any of the RV dealers in Florida about where the best places are to park in this bustling seaside city.
• Ocracoke Island is the central-east coast’s diamond in the sandbar. This small town is located in the heart of the popular Outer Banks region, so you’ll spend a bit of time in traffic, but it’s well worth it. Be quick to snap up a beachside RV spot and spend the night just steps from the sparkling waves. The Outer Banks is also one of the few remaining places your kids can search for seashells and find some really great stuff due to the clash of currents and high volume of sea life.
• Manchester State Park in NorCal’s southern region is ideal for RVers due to its ample space and proximity to the ocean and California’s craggy hills. Between the two landscapes you’ll find seemingly endless grasslands and wildflowers, along with casual hiking trails that will suit any adventurer of any age.
• Sea Rim State Park in eastern Texas is a bit of a drive from Beaumont through oil refineries and other man-made monoliths. But the park itself is home to an abundance of flat space ideal for RVs and their drivers. Lay back and cast a fishing line into the ocean, or collect smooth driftwood and other items that escaped the bayous to the east.
• St. Joseph Peninsula State Park is another Floridian gem, though this time located on the western side of the peninsula in the Gulf of Mexico. This park sits on the Gulf itself, making you feel like the beaches are all that exists in the world. It’s a far cry from local RV dealers, so many sure you’re equipped with enough supplies. Like so many of these beach destinations, you can easily lose track of time and find yourself on a permanent vacation.