You do not need to be 100% athletic to enjoy a bicycle tour in France, but it helps if you could prepare your body, your mind, and your resources before engaging in one. This is one of the best way to enjoy the landscape of France and the cheapest way of getting around the country without having to worry too much about the price of gasoline.
There are many routes to choose from if you wish to have a bicycle tour in France. The most popular is the Loire Valley adventure. Almost all bicycle tour companies offer this in their packages where they feature off-the-beaten path routes, outstanding scenery, wine tasting opportunities, and tour to popular historical sites including several castles and prehistoric cave paintings. However, you should consider the following elements in choosing the perfect bicycle tour adventure:
a. Fitness Level
You may be super-excited to join the group with their bicycle tour, but you should check if your body is physically fit to engage in a 150-kilometer adventure. If this is your first time then you should choose a shorter route because you may need to familiarize yourself with all of the aspects of a bicycle tour.
b. Amount of Time
Do you have plenty of time to spend in your bicycle tour adventure? Some tours will need 4 to 5 days of bicycle fun. Do you have the luxury to spend this much time? If not then you may choose one or two day packages. It would also be helpful if you will list down the other activities you intend to participate while you are in France and see if it will fit with the itinerary offered in the package.
c. The Gear, Equipment, and Clothes
Do you intend to bring your own bike or will you rent one from the company? It would save you money if you bring your own bicycle, but the inconvenience of transporting it from the airport to your target destination may provide a few hassles. If you choose visiting the Loire Valley, then one of the airports you may choose from is Limoges Airport. It offers seven flights and is about 178.06 kilometer from Loire Valley. It is the perfect choice because it will not be too crowded unlike what you will probably experience at Tours-Loire Valley Airport.
d. Your Resources
One of the most important things you need to consider is the amount of money you are willing to spend during your stay in France. Being one of the members of the European Union, expect that the price of accommodation and food to be more expensive in comparison to other countries. If you wish to limit your expenses, then staying at a camping site and cooking your own food would be the best. You can shop at the local and market and enjoy a great deal of savings too. Nevertheless, planning ahead of time is the secret for a successful bicycle tour adventure in France.
About the Author:
Shaiya Ong is a freelancewriter for www.frenchairportguide.com. She dreams of visiting France in the future and gaze upon its beautiful castles.
I have been to many cruise holidays and I thought I’d help the first time cruisers to organise their cruise before embarkation. It can very stressful especially if you are used to going on classic holidays. Here’s a cruise preparation guidance time line!
3 to 4 months before sailing
- Check with your travel agent for the identification required for your cruise
- If you need to replace a lost birth certificate, apply for a new passport, or renew one, do it now! Doing it at the last minute is stressful and often costly
60 to 75 days before sailing
- Make the final payment on your cruise fare. Your travel agent should remind you when the payment is due. If you forget to submit your balance on time, it can result in the cancellation of your reservation.
- Make a packing list
- Begin your wardrobe planning now. Try things on to make sure they fit and in a good repair. You may want to ask your travel agent how many nights you will be required to be dressed formally.
30 days before sailing
- If you purchased an Air&Sea package, call your travel agent for the details of your airline schedule. Request seat assignments.
2 to 4 weeks before sailing
- Receive your cruise documents through the travel agent
- Examine the documents for accuracy. Make sure names are spelt correctly and more.
- Read all of the literature in your document package and most cruise lines include helpful information
1 week before sailing
- Get cash at the bank and/or traveller’s checks at the bank.
3 days before sailing
- Confirm your airline flights, departure times are sometimes subject to change
- Complete any other paperwork that the cruise line included with your documents. Do not wait until you’re standing in the pier check-in line to fill them in!
The day before sailing
- Finish packing
- Gather all the paperwork and identification you will need on the day of embarkation
- Arrange to be at the airport a minimum of two hours before your departure time
- Have ID/passport ready for airport check-in
Norwegian’s ‘Boss is Back’
eTravelBlackboard – Asia Edition, on Wed, 15 Aug 2012 22:36:45 -0700
Norwegian Cruise Lines’ CEO, Kevin Sheehan, is thanking the more than 35 million viewers globally who have watched his episode of “Undercover Boss” by launching “The Boss Is Back” promotion. Most recently re-run on the CBS Television Network
Cruise ship pontoon launched
The Islander, on Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:54:30 -0700
“The SATC has confirmed nine cruise ship visits to Kangaroo Island between 2012 and 2014, and expects further bookings to be made for the 2013/14 season,” Minister Gago said. The first ship to use the new tender landing structure will be in November …
Carnival christens new Canaveral terminal
eTravelBlackboard – Asia Edition, on Wed, 15 Aug 2012 22:36:35 -0700
The 2052-passenger Carnival Ecstasy was the first ship to depart from Port Canaveral’s new USD$65 million Terminal 6 on Tuesday when she set off on a five-day voyage to the Bahamas. The sold-out cruise is the first of over 225 departures annually from …
If you are looking for the right LED grow light for your Greenhouse or indoor garden, then check out Advanced LED Grow lights. Expect products that provide the best grow lights available in the market today.
There are a lot of bad imitation of LED Grow Lights in the market today that promises efficiency and longer life, but neither can provide it. There are also cheap lights can you think night give you a big savings, however they do not more properly and will not give you the correct lights needed by your plants. That is why you need to be cautious and knowledgeable when buying the required grow lights that your indoor garden or greenhouse needs.
Here are some grow lights from Advance LED Grow Lights you should check out if you’re into growing indoor plants:
Extreme Flower LED
If you are a florist or an indoor gardener who likes flowering plants, then the Extreme Flower LED lights if best suited for you. The high end LED that specifically for flowering plants, you can expect a yield plants every square foot. With less heat emission our Extreme Flower LED is safe to be directly atop your plants and be assured of a great and huge harvest. This product has 11+ Wavelengths of Color Output; you just plug in and grow, no ballasts or high wattage cooling necessary.
3W LED Grow Lights
Unlike other company that claims to have and Light-emitting Diode grow Light that works like a High intensity Discharging light, the Advance LED Grow Lights 3W LED lights works like HIDs. Expect your plants to grow quickly.
All Blue Extreme Veg LED – USA Made LEDs
For your seedling nursery, the All Blue LED is your biggest worth it investment! You will get higher yields and unbelievable harvests when you use this. With the unique blend of colors present in the All Blue Extreme Veg LED, you can be certain that your plants will have a tremendous growth in such a minimum time. Plus you do not have to worry about bugs problems, high energy consumption and too much heat that can damage your plants. This product will never pose any of these problems. In fact, Extreme Veg LEDs are commonly used by most of the top commercial growers with a guarantee harvest every single time.
These are just some of the high-quality green products you can expect from Advance LED Grow Lights. There are many other specialty products that are suitable for your needs.
About this author:
R. Lorraine Namey is an active blogger, traveler, and social media promoter who loves to write about grow lights and sustainable living.
Hop in your RV and head to the beach in style this year. Skip the pricey hotels and the cheap breakfast buffets and spend your vacation on the sand. The entire time. On the sand.
Here are the country’s top 5 beaches built for RVing.
• West Palm Beach RV owners got the hint early on. This place is a gem. Parked on Florida’s tropical eastern coast, Palm Beach residents and tourists alike mingle on the white sandy beaches and gaze out through palm trees while sipping Mai Tais as parrots fly to and fro with refills. Well, that’s not entirely true, but south Florida is a dream vacation spot. Ask any of the RV dealers in Florida about where the best places are to park in this bustling seaside city.
• Ocracoke Island is the central-east coast’s diamond in the sandbar. This small town is located in the heart of the popular Outer Banks region, so you’ll spend a bit of time in traffic, but it’s well worth it. Be quick to snap up a beachside RV spot and spend the night just steps from the sparkling waves. The Outer Banks is also one of the few remaining places your kids can search for seashells and find some really great stuff due to the clash of currents and high volume of sea life.
• Manchester State Park in NorCal’s southern region is ideal for RVers due to its ample space and proximity to the ocean and California’s craggy hills. Between the two landscapes you’ll find seemingly endless grasslands and wildflowers, along with casual hiking trails that will suit any adventurer of any age.
• Sea Rim State Park in eastern Texas is a bit of a drive from Beaumont through oil refineries and other man-made monoliths. But the park itself is home to an abundance of flat space ideal for RVs and their drivers. Lay back and cast a fishing line into the ocean, or collect smooth driftwood and other items that escaped the bayous to the east.
• St. Joseph Peninsula State Park is another Floridian gem, though this time located on the western side of the peninsula in the Gulf of Mexico. This park sits on the Gulf itself, making you feel like the beaches are all that exists in the world. It’s a far cry from local RV dealers, so many sure you’re equipped with enough supplies. Like so many of these beach destinations, you can easily lose track of time and find yourself on a permanent vacation.
One of the advantages of being classified as a “senior” is that one often has plenty of time on his hands to fulfill those dreams of traveling. Reaching retirement age often leaves you excited to venture out and explore what the world has to offer. If you are a senior and will be traveling, the following information will be helpful for you. Use these traveling tips for seniors to make the most of each and every trip.
- Pre-planning is helpful. While a spur of the moment trip can be fun, if you are a traveling senior, it can be helpful to plan out the details. This ensures that you have everything that you need while on your trip. Pre-planning will ensure that you know what to expect when you arrive on your trip.
- Consider travel insurance. As you age, health problems become all too common. You can’t be sure that you will be well enough to travel during those times when your vacation arrives. Travel insurance can be very beneficial.
- Have a pre-trip check-up before you leave. Visit your doctor the week before you leave to go on a trip to get medication refills and a general health check-up to ensure that you are healthy enough to travel.
- Have plenty of medication on hand. If you will be gone for a long period, be sure to have plenty of medication. Your doctor can help you by writing out prescriptions that you can take with you on the trip.
- Look for deep discounts for seniors.Being older has its perks. Ask for discounts on hotels and other attractions. You may just find yourself saving money along the way.
- Plan time to recover from jet lag if you are traveling by plane. Jet lag can be particularly tough on older people. Be sure to plan time for recovery within your vacation. Give yourself some time to recover before you venture out and enjoy the sights.
- Eat healthy and exercise regularly while on vacation. Eating healthy and exercise should be a part of your daily routine, even while you are on vacation. This can actually give you the energy you need to enjoy your vacation.
- Protect yourself from illnesses by using hand sanitizer and washing your hands frequently. When visiting new places, you will come in contact with new germs. Be sure to wash your hands as much as possible to help reduce your chances of getting ill while on your trip.
- Invest in luggage with wheels.Carrying around luggage can be a hassle. To make your trip easier, invest in luggage that has wheels on it. This will allow you to transport your luggage around easily.
- Don’t carry large amounts of cash around. Older people are often targets for theft in large cities. Don’t carry around large amounts of cash and risk your chances of haven all of your cash stolen.
- Make plans for walking aids such as wheelchairs and walkers. If you are going to have a wheel chair, be sure that the airline knows about it. There are special precautions taken for handicapped.
- Give yourself plenty of time to make flights and other modes of transportation. When traveling, be sure to give yourself plenty of time to makes it to the airport. Rushing is never fun.
- Find hotels that are senior friendly. Hotels that cater to the older generation can be very helpful. A lower level room may be easier to accommodate your needs. Ask for this accommodation when making reservations.
- Include plenty of time to rest throughout your trip. Traveling can be very tiring. Plan your trip so that you will have time to rest during long days. Don’t plan too much during each day and spread out your activities over the course of a few days.
- Know your limitations. When traveling, it can be beneficial to know your limitations. Doing too much at one time will not only make your tired, it may cause you not to enjoy your trip.
Traveling can become an adventurous part of your life as a senior. Be sure that you use the 15 traveling tips for seniors listed above to make the most of each and every trip.
This article is contributed by Gagan from http://www.1001walkingcanes.com/ an online store to buy fashionable walking sticks for seniors.
Travelling can be an exciting and fun experience, and in many cases, something that you’ve looked forward to for months. We don’t want to think about the consequences of becoming ill whilst on holiday or away from our home comforts, but there are some easy steps that you can take to make sure that you stay healthy whilst travelling.
Depending on your destination, you may need to be vaccinated to ensure that you’re protected from prevalent diseases. Your doctor will be able to advise you on what you need. You should also ensure that you have a sufficient supply of any prescription medicines that you might need for the duration of your trip. It’s wise to carry a copy of your prescription note from your doctor if you plan to carry any controlled substances.
Travel insurance is an essential investment for your trip. You can pick up low cost cover from your local Post Office or insurance provider, and it will provide you will peace of mind for the duration of your stay. As a British citizen, you will be covered in certain countries and under certain circumstances by the European Health Insurance Card. Do make sure though that you know what exactly you are covered for and are familiar with the exact terms of any policies.
Bikinis and flip flops might be first on your list, but ensuring that you pack some healthcare essentials will help to minimise the risks of falling ill whilst away from home. Sun protection creams, basic first aid supplies and insect repellents will form your kit.
Make careful food and drink choices
Eating and drinking can be one of the most pleasurable experiences during a trip to another country. Enjoying the cuisine in your chosen destination needn’t present any dangers, as long as you exercise some caution and make careful choices. In some countries, you may be required to drink bottled water instead of tap water. Make sure you know if this is the case before you travel. Also, try to ensure that all fresh fruit and vegetables are washed before consumption
If you plan to drink alcohol whilst travelling, be aware that the measures used in different countries may be far more generous than in the UK. Avoid drinking to excess, particularly if you are visiting hotter climes, as this can contribute towards dehydration.
Wash you hands regularly
It may seem obvious, but washing your hands regularly is essential for staying healthy whilst travelling. It’s particularly important before you have eaten and after handling currency. Carry an antibacterial gel cleanser or hand wipes for situations when you may not have access to hot water and soap.
Only hire cars from reputable companies
Many holiday car hire companies have cars which are inadequate from a health and safety perspective. It’s advisable to use a source such as the erentals car hire search engine, where you will be able to find the best rate from a number of reputable providers.
Avoid touching animals
You should avoid touching local wildlife and domestic animals wherever possible. If you are bitten, seek medical assistance immediately.
Monitor your health when you return
If you fall ill when you return from your travels, be sure to visit your doctor and mention where you have visited. Some destinations, particularly those in developing countries, pose a greater risk than others.
Image Credits: mwichary and brandonthemandon.
Taking these simple precautions will ensure that you stay healthy and happy whilst travelling, and minimise any potential dangers.
While it is true that holiday cottages are by no means uncommon in any part of the world, spending your holidays in Cornwall cottages is an experience like no other. And there are several reasons why you should do choose the area for your next vacation.
For one thing, cottages in Cornwall to rent are the embodiment of the best that the whole country has to offer. Located in Southwest of England, Cornwall is famous for its soothing climate and river valleys that nurture a southern coast that is ideal for subtropical plants to survive and flourish in. You may be surrounded by Mother Nature’s beauty, but the peninsula is a testament that the best of both rural and urban living can be achieved since modern day conveniences are also available amidst all the natural beauty.
And these days, a lot of people simply adore holiday cottages. The fact that there are also Cornwall pet friendly cottages make it all the more appealing for families or large groups of friends to stay here during vacations. These cottages are less rustic and a lot more comfortable than tents, which tend to collapse on you and will certainly not be great quarters if you want to get a good night’s sleep. However, these holiday cottages are also simple and practical enough to make your stay more down-to-earth and affordable compared to pricey hotel rooms.
Families can enjoy more comforts and freedom staying in cottages. Friends can party all night long without worrying about a hotel manager knocking on the door and breaking up the fun. Also, these cottages come with amenities such as well stocked or fully equipped kitchens so visitors can easily cook meals instead of going out to eat in restaurants and well, this is obviously one way to save money while you are all on vacation.
Whether you are a novice or seasoned traveller, there are undoubtedly many decisions that you have to make in planning your vacation. However, experience and some basic knowledge will make it much easier to map out your travel plans and itinerary. The information below has some great advice for anyone who may travel at some point in time.
If you want to relish every moment of your trip, don’t forget how fickle Mother Nature can be. Keep an eye on the forecast for your destination so you are aware of any inclement weather patterns. Nothing takes the fun out of travel quite like shivering on a beach or sweltering on a snow-less skip trip.
Get informed about foreign food ingredients to avoid unplanned exposure to allergens. The more severe your food allergies are, the more important it is to learn key food terms in the local language. Doing this, you can tell restaurants what foods you can’t eat or at least be able to tell medical professionals what’s wrong.
Learn about any unusual laws and customs that may affect your destination plans. Even if you don’t consider it a major problem, you may get into trouble for something considered unlawful or offensive. When traveling, you should respect local customs and people.
Hit the gym before you board your flight. A long flight can be extremely boring. Remaining in a stationary position can cause stiff muscles and cramps. Working out prior to a long flight can relax your body and reduce uncomfortable feelings in your body due to the flight.
When travelling, you must constantly stay alert as to the location of your valuable belongings. If you have a purse with you, keep it close to your body at all times. You should avoid carrying bags with a zipper that is easy to get into because thieves could easily unzip the bag in a crowded location and steal important items. You should keep these things in mind when trying to find a travel bag that will be reliable for you.
As previously mentioned, there are many things that prospective travellers need to think about, which can be overwhelming. If you take the time to learn a little bit about how to plan a vacation, you will find that it doesn’t have to be difficult. All you have to do is follow the steps outlined here, and you will be headed towards a well-planned, wonderful holiday.
Travel tips brought to you by David, an accomplished writer who also regularly writes about choosing a Cornwall Holiday Cottage.
Planning a summer vacation is exciting, especially when you have chosen a great destination. If you feel stuck and no places sound very exciting, read on for a quick taste of 10 destination favourites that can all show you a good time. Get ready to start packing!
1. New York City is an awesome place to visit, especially if you find urban settings fascinating. From the Statue of Liberty and Empire State building to Wall Street and SoHo, there is so much to see in NYC. Colourful characters, fabulous stores on 5th Avenue and boatloads of American history await you. New York City truly has something for everybody!
2. Buenos Dias, Cancun! This is what you will say when you wake up in Cancun, Mexico in a gorgeous hotel room, look out your window and see sand that looks like white flour, and a clear, light turquoise ocean with a temperature that feels like a heated pool. Cancun has so much natural beauty, and you can relax in the sun every day, go nightclubbing after dark, and take day trips to Chichen Itza. See stone pyramids with hundreds of years of Mayan history and indulge in some fabulous Yucatanian food. You will not regret it!
3. Who doesn’t love Paris? France is a top European destination that makes a wonderful vacation for lovers. Revel in the food, soak in the gorgeous architecture and absorb the hundreds of years of history.
4. Take off to Orlando, Florida and get ready to have some fun! This is a top family destination because it is home to Walt Disney World and other great theme parks. You could easily spend a week at Disney World alone, and you can design your vacation to include lots of pool-lounging or tons of rides and sight-seeing.
5. Travel all the way south in Florida and you will hit Miami. What a great city! for starters, have some real Cuban food and ask around for the best salsa clubs to visit. Gloria Estefan has a restaurant here, and you can rent a car and drive down to the Keys for a day trip. Any Jimmy Buffet fans are sure to appreciate a cheeseburger in Paradise in Key West.
6. They may not have Rice-a-roni anymore, but San Francisco, California has many other treats. This beautiful city has tons of history and gorgeous architecture, while also being immersed in some of the most cutting-edge technology in the nation. Coit Tower, the Golden Gate Bridge and China Town are definite must-sees.
7. Tokyo is plain amazing. The Japanese are known for their politeness, fastidious manner and subtle, yet graceful art forms among other things. Not many people speak good English, and the country is quite different from the West. Anyone looking for a very different environment and a new culture to thoroughly embrace and explore can have an amazing time in Tokyo, Japan.
8. Los Angeles, the city of Angels, is a top destination in California. This city is spread out over many miles, and it’s true that people don’t really walk in L.A. It would take forever to get anywhere! Hollywood has much to offer, along with Chinatown and Japantown, just to name a few spots. Head south for Disneyland, and stop by Universal Studios.
9. Toronto is one of the gems of Canada. This multi-cultural city makes a great destination for hockey fans. Additionally, Toronto supports the Arts in many forms, with shows, museums and many other attractions for visitors.
10. London deserves to have a spot on the list. This fabulous city in England has so much going on all the time. Take in a show at the theater, have lunch at a pub, and investigate the grounds of Oxford and Cambridge Universities. See where Harry Potter was filmed, visit Wimbledon and take in all of the magnificent buildings.
Now you have a little taste of what these top destinations offer. Only your budget limits you, so do your research and planning, and get ready to enjoy a great vacation and make some wonderful memories and new friends.
Article published by Steph, a travel writer who regularly touches on the subject of Cornish holiday cottages.
Travelling will demand some work from you before you finally relax. Luckily, travel planning is straightforward if you understand how to approach it and have the right information. The tips that follow were created especially for people who want to travel and want to travel now.
Take the time to talk to your children about airports and security. Prior to arriving at the airport, let them know exactly what will occur during the security screening process. When finding your way through security, stay near to any children in your party. An adult should go just before them, when possible, to demonstrate the easiness of it.
Put your personal information on a label inside your bags. Include your phone number and address along with your name. This way, even if your luggage gets lost and external tags are detached, your luggage may still find you. Losing your luggage can happen any time that you can not see it.
Know the current political status of your country’s interaction with a country you may be considering visiting. Your government’s consular authorities are likely online; a simple visit to their site will tell you if there are any developments of doubt that may impact your trip. It is better to be safe than sorry and avoid any possible danger.
Try to wear comfortable and light shoes when air traveling – shoes that you can slip out of easily. You are going to have to take them off at the security checks. Comfort is extremely important. When you’re in the airport or on the airplane, you will sit more than you will walk, so having good arch supports is not the most crucial thing. Your favourite pair of sandals are probably the best option in footwear when going by air.
Travel can be a very educational experience for every member of the family. As long as you understand what you’re doing and take the precautions necessary, you can find traveling in a developing world a great experience. You get to give your children the chance to see another country and have a different view on the world. Taking your family abroad to experience different cultures is a great experience and helps them to develop tolerance and understanding of other cultures.
As this article has spelled out, the are a number of things that a traveller needs to think about. It can seem like a lot of work just to enjoy a relaxing trip. However, if you possess the right information and vacation advice, organising a great getaway will become less difficult. Make sure you apply these tips for your next holiday.
Considering a holiday in Cornwall next year? Try Cornwall Holiday Cottages for a great selection of beautiful self catering cottages.